In April, Resource’s Alexandra Niki took you on ride through 12 great biking images that she hand picked from the Offset team in honor of our Spring 2014 issue. And now, with only a couple weeks left until the release of this year’s summer edition—for one last time—we’ve decided to extend our bike theme even further. So, throw on your helmet and hold on tight because we’ve shifted into first gear for an equally intense and compelling journey. Here are 12 inspirational motorcycle images we’ve chosen from the Offset collection.
12. Since Resource is based in Brooklyn I figured this would be a great place to start since it has the DUMBO Archway resemblance. Is it me or do couples riding around the city on Vespas always seem to signal the official start of the summer?
11. But, like, why would you cruise with two people on a Vespa with when you can hop on a Harley and conquer the Triboro Bridge with your boys?
10. Or maybe you’re better off on a Vespa. During a trip to upstate New York you’ve fallen behind and your friends have left you in the dust. In this depth-of-field shot, you’ve made it to northern Westchester (which is not upstate) and you can hear your friend’s bikes growling along in the near distance.
9. You’ve finally made it up north and in this portrait you’re pissed. Your friends have hopped on their dirt bikes and hit the trails without you—but you can’t let your anger show. Folks don’t take kindly to Brooklyn attitudes up in these parts.
8. But at least you have a whole day of riding ahead of you and it’s a nice change from the crowded New York streets. You do a wheelie to lighten the mood on your way to the trails in this impeccable sun burn shot.
7. Finally, you’ve reunited with your buddies and it’s all in good fun, right? Wrong. You challenge them to a $100 dollar revenge race and post it on BuddyBets so no one can back out. You promise your photographer a twenty if you win because he’s about to get dirty for this shot.
6. So at least your frustrations have paid off, literally. Right after your photographer snaps this victory shot you share a six-pack with you friends and get hyped for some motocross.
5. “Can you even air, bro?” says your friend named Chad.
4. You respond with this.
3. It’s beginning to get dark and you’re exhausted, so you pack up and leave the trails, heading south on the NYS Thruway towards Brooklyn. In the midst of this gripping upstate sunset, you snap this awesome #skyporn shot to remember the moment.
2. During the ride home you recall memories from your past bike trips. You remember your first trip from your childhood where you rode 2,500 miles from New York to Nevada on the back of your father’s bike.
1. As you near the city you think about your biggest bike dream—a trip to Alaska where you’ll ride across miles of endless lakes and fresh snow. But of course, you wouldn’t dare leave your photographer behind for this one. This is the shot you picture in your mind.
Check out more awesome stock images on the Offset website and create your own story!