Think Tank has announced the availability of the Production Manager 50, an enormous bag designed to hold an immense amount of gear, including lighting equipment and large light modifiers. Think Tank says that the large bag will allow one photographer to move what used to take one or two assistants. If you’re wondering just how big, its exterior dimensions come in at 17.3” W x 53.1” H x 12.6” D (44 x 135 x 32 cm), it’s interior dimensions at 15.6” W x 49.2” H x 10” D (39.5 x 125 x 25 cm) and it weighs between 20.7 – 29.8 lbs (9.4 – 13.5 kg), depending on how it is arranged (empty).
This large rolling bag features stabilizing, wide-set, shock-absorbing wheels that roll smoothly and hold up under the toughest conditions, the ability to lock the main compartment and secure the bag with the included lock and cable, and a fully customizable interior with dividers to protect small and large lighting equipment including c-stands and large modifiers.
Key Features of the Production Manager 50
- Large front zippered pocket for reflectors, umbrellas, extension cords, cables, etc.
- Attachments for lightstands or tripods on both sides (straps included)
- Rigid shell and stiffened dividers ensures gear protection
- Robust handles on four sides for easy loading and unloading by two people
- Heavy-duty aluminum side-frame protects axle from impact
- ID plate can be registered on the Think Tank site that may allow lost or stolen bag to be returned
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon, and super-stick velex (interior) contribute to one of the most robust products on the market.
- Large interior mesh pockets for organizing pocket wizards, gels, cords, tape, batteries, and other accessories
- Ergonomic top handle for rolling or carrying by two people.
- Velex wrapped dividers for extra durability and longevity.
- Adjustable lid straps keep bag open and accessible
- Rear skid rails and custom wheel housings allow for loading and unloading from a vehicle with ease
- Business card holder for easy identification on top panel
- User replaceable wheels & hardware
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
The Production Manager 50 is available now for a cool $600, which is to be expected. This is a huge bag, and designed for a traveling photographer who puts several times more value into that bag when he transports it.
Additionally, Think Tank also announced enhancements to the Retrospective shoulder bag line. All of their existing Retrospective bags—the Retrospective 5, Retrospective 5 Leather, Retrospective 7, Retrospective 7 Leather, Retrospective 10, Retrospective 20, Retrospective 30, and Retrospective 30 Leather—are available in a new color, Sandstone. In addition, a new size, the Retrospective 6, is now available in Sandstone, Black, and Pinestone.
You can get the new Retrospective for $155, and it too is available now.