To celebrate the official launch of Resource Unbox, we’re giving away a free download of perhaps the best raw file processing software available: Capture One Pro 9! To enter, simply choose one or more of the options below and fill in your name and email address so we can contact you if you win. The contest ends April 13th at 5 p.m., so don’t miss out!
Here’s what we said when Capture One Pro 9 was originally released:
“Today Phase One announced the latest version of their popular tethering and editing software, Capture One Pro. The platform is widely considered to be the best raw processing engine by professional retouchers and is far and away the best option for photographers who like to tether while shooting. Version 9 includes a ton of updates including masks from the color editor, a revised contrast engine and now supports DNG.
NEW IMAGE EDITING TOOLS
- Revised contrast engine – Changes have been made to the algorithms of color, saturation and contrast. And the color editor has been revised to align design with the color balance tool. Handles are made easier to use and adjust, and the tool is now scalable when undocked.
- Masks from color editor – The color editor now allows the user to make a mask from a color edit.
- New Brush pack – Tool changes include the addition of flow, airbrush, straight line brushing, and the ability to link brushes.
- Luma curves and local curves – Added to the curve tool palette, Luma curves can be used to create contrast curves without affecting saturation. Also, curves can be used locally.
- Battery status for toolbar – This new tool can be placed on the tool bar where it gives a power supply overview to the attached tethered camera, warning photographers of low power during a shoot.
- Export EIP for catalogs – Catalog users can now benefit from EIP export for easy transportation of RAW and Settings, off system. In the Export originals panel, there is now an option to Export as EIP. Sessions users can also choose to Export originals. This creates a workflow in which the original RAW and adjustments are not packed – instead a copy is made, packed as EIP.
- DNG colors – This new feature allows Capture One Pro to treat and display supported camera files that have been converted to DNG (and include the RAW file in the DNG package), as if in their original format.
NEW ASSET MANAGEMENT TOOLS
- Keywords Tool – Keywords may be added and removed from images. The standard Capture One tool tips for local reset, local copy apply, pre-sets and help are available for this tool.
- Keyword Libraries – Used to manage the list (or lists) of keywords in a catalog or a session. As the Keywords tool adds keywords to images, the document Keyword Library is populated. This forms a keyword list for any and all terms in the current document and is unique for the session or the catalog.
- Sortable Keywords – Unique to Capture One Pro 9, users are able to reorder keywords in the Keywords tool for single image selections.
- Originally developed to render the exceptional image quality captured by medium format Phase One camera systems, today Capture One Pro supports more than 400 different camera models. Capture One Pro is designed with more than enough available “headroom” to satisfy requirements for the highest resolution now and in the future. Whether or not photographers own a Phase One camera, all photographers can benefit from Capture One Pro’s exceptional image quality and workflow advantages.”
Remember to check Resource Unbox for more giveaways and to find the best photography products on the market, hand-picked by the experts here at Resource Magazine.