Phase One, mastermind behind some of the world’s finest open-platform camera systems and professional imaging software has just released Capture One Pro 9.2. Held in high regard by thousands of professional photographers, Capture One Pro is known for its exceptional tethered capture tech, top notch raw conversion, and comprehensive image editing abilities.
With the release of version 9.2, Phase One aims to raise the bar even higher. The focus of the update is to improve the system and structure around selections and metadata sources to accelerate the editing workflow. “Capture One Pro 9.2 is about workflow, not work!” said James Johnson, Software Product manager.
Here are some of the update feature highlights:
- Faster access to assets:
- Users can now select from file list, select by variant position, and create albums from a selection to form a large group of improvements with targeted selection.
- Rate and cull with “Select Set”:
- Preview a number of selected images, then move through the browser by that same number. Navigation within the selected images also allows users to rate and cull which makes comparing and editing smoother.
- New Color Management:
- Tiff handling has been dramatically improved. The new color management module gives users a more accurate preview of retouching and round trip applications.
- New Phase One XF camera capabilities:
- Phase One XF camera users can round trip to Helicon Focus, returning a preview of the result automatically. Simply put, the user can shoot, organize, group, process and stack in a few simple clicks.
- Shortcut Engine:
- All cursors can now be shortcut and users can use shortcuts to navigate the library collections, even when hidden.
On top of these features, a horde of new cameras and lenses are now compatible with Capture One. Such as the Pentax K-1, Nikon D500, and Canon EOS M10, G5x, G7x MkII, and G9x.
For more information on the update, including extended details on individual features and newly compatible cameras and lenses, go to www.phaseone.com/ninetwo.