You probably know Lume Cube as the really successful lighting company that created a tiny block that generates a heck of a lot of light. Well, they launched another product that’s an even more impressive little light, the Life Lite. Capable of 1000 lumens for 30 minutes with dim-able settings and multiple functions, it’s the smallest and most versatile LED in its class.
Here are some raw specs:
- Size: 1.5″ x 1″
- Weight: 2.5 oz, 50 g
- LUX: 350 @ 1M
- LED Temp: 5600K
- 1000 max lumens
- CRI: 80
- Waterproof: 10M / 30Ft
- Battery: Internal Non-Replaceable Li-Ion Polymer
- Charge: Micro USB
- Run Time: 30 Min @ 100%, 60 Min 50%
- Mounting: Encased Earth Magnet, Standard Tripod Mount (¼-20)
- Control: Bluetooth and Single Button Manual Operation
- Manual Settings: 10 Manual Brightness Adjustments
- Modes: Photo / Video / Strobe
- Devices: iPhone, Android, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, GoPro
The target market here are clearly the “run and gun” smaller setup shooters who like GoPros and using their iPhones. The Lume Cube team has packaged the new Life Lite with several options that cater to this type of shooter, including a dual GoPro mount and iPhone mount:
Lume Cube says their light is made for the “Periscopers, Snapchatters, Instagrammers, Facetimers, Youtubers, Skypers and Ebayers,” and for those audiences it’s hard to find a better option. It’s bright, lasts a long time, charges via USB and is controlled via BlueTooth app:
Though there are a lot of more pricey options once it comes to mounting, the standalone Life Lite costs only $40. That’s a really good deal considering what the light can do.
For more information and to get in on the Kickstarter pricing, head over to their page.