Array (  => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 80069 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-08-03 15:26:10 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-08-03 19:26:10 [post_content] => Droptree Productions, a production company based in Portland, Oregon, recently uncovered a bit of the mystery behind what production crews do in their spare time on set. With access to equipment and exclusive locations, the Droptree crew spent two years creating a music video, all of which was shot on commercial sets "when the client wasn't looking," according to the video's opening credits.[embed]https://vimeo.com/223494758[/embed]Obviously, not all production crews shoot extensive 5-minute rap videos in the spare time, but it's no question that the Droptree guys did it incredibly well. Throughout the music video, we get everything from questionable rhymes poking fun at the idiosyncrasies of #setlife to aerial shots to carefully choreographed dance skits, and quite literally, an explosive guitar solo.According to their description on Vimeo, the video was shot with the help of some key Droptree guys and others that they don't want to risk "making culpable."From a look at their website, the Droptree crew definitely has a talent for commercial productions that they employ with some less than conventional tactics. Their website displays their distaste for the boring and mundane. The homepage has a "modern" option or a "retro" option that allow you to either go through their website with slick looking information or a galaxy background with comic sans covering the page.[caption id="attachment_80070" align="alignnone" width="1413"] via Droptree[/caption]Regardless of which browsing experience you choose, the video and the website are an intriguing look inside a production company that seems to operate outside the realm of normality. Still, it's difficult to say whether this dope little video will be more likely to promote their company or lose a client or two. [post_title] => This Secretly Recorded Rap Video Was Shot On Only Commercial Sets [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => this-secretly-recorded-rap-video-was-shot-on-only-commercial-sets [to_ping] => [pinged] => https://vimeo.com/223494758 [post_modified] => 2017-08-03 15:38:40 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-08-03 19:38:40 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=80069 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 80039 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-08-02 10:49:22 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-08-02 14:49:22 [post_content] => In October 2014 Andrea Polito Photography was hired to photograph Neely and Andrew Moldovan's wedding. A couple of weeks after the wedding, the Moldovans pioneered a social media crusade against Polito and her company, which resulted in Polito winning $1.08 million in a defamation lawsuit.The issues started when Neely Moldovan began emailing Polito about when the wedding album would be ready. After going back and forth, the Moldovans were told, as their original contract stated, that the album with the photos would be released as soon as they chose a $125 cover photo. Not wanting to pay the money, Polito said she eventually decided to "absorb the cost to satisfy her customers," according to the Dallas Morning News.
"The lies and rumors got so harsh that Yelp began removing reviews, including one accusing Polito of giving the reviewer AIDS." However, the damage had already been done. Neely Moldovan, who ran a blog then called "A Complete Waste of Makeup" and is now called "It Starts With Coffee," had taken to the internet saying that Polito was holding their wedding photos hostage. They even contacted a local news station, KXAS-TV (NBC5).The lies and rumors got so harsh that Yelp began removing reviews, including one accusing Polito of giving the reviewer AIDS. Polito said that the "scamming" and "cheating" lies deeply affected her company and reputation. In a normal year, Polito would be hired for 75 to 100 weddings. In 2015 she was hired for two.[caption id="attachment_80043" align="aligncenter" width="350"] Neely and Andrew Moldovan via Andrea Polito Photography[/caption]"People knew me and my reputation. I've shot several of the Dallas elites," she told the Dallas Morning News. "All the name calling, all the bullying ... I was humiliated."A civil suit was filed in March 2015, and eventually a Dallas county jury decided that the Moldovans had purposely set out to ruin Polito's photography business and personal reputation. Polito told the Dallas Morning News that "almost over night" the couple ruined the company she spent 13 years building.On Friday, the court determined that the couple are responsible for $1.08 million worth of damaging and malicious comments."I’m emotionally exhausted. This has been a very long battle," Polito said to the Dallas Morning News. "Last Friday when the verdict was read I felt a little bit relieved, but most importantly I feel my reputation was restored to myself. What’s been so hard the past couple of years has been feeling so ashamed of this story." [post_title] => Wedding Photographer Wins $1.08 Million in Defamation Lawsuit [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => wedding-photographer-wins-1-08-million-in-defamation-lawsuit [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-08-02 11:48:13 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-08-02 15:48:13 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=80039 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 1 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79819 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-07-26 11:42:20 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-07-26 15:42:20 [post_content] => The internet today is all about relatable content. It’s also imperative to strike a balance between stories that help build an audience and creating high-quality videos or pieces of writing that offer information, a new perspective or engaging analysis.Writer, filmmaker and comedian Ali Vingiano, most known for the short films she made as a video producer for BuzzFeed, does just that, striving to tell the stories that she wants to tell with honesty. “Some are more serious and others are funnier, but my goal is always to be honest and nuanced and to tell the truth about how something feels, or what it's like to live in a specific body,” she said.https://youtu.be/GEhtMHLMAssThese qualities are certainly recognizable in her videos 'When I Saw Him Again' and 'Exes,' the two short films Vingiano is personally most proud of. 'When I Saw Him Again' depicts a woman who continues to run into the man who raped her in college. She eventually sees him with another woman, his fiance, at which point she decides to confront the couple.'Exes,' while equally as impactful, is a bit more lighthearted. In the short and sweet video, exes run into each other at a mutual friend's birthday party. Transforming from awkward "hello's" into an even more awkward sexual rekindling, there are subtitles throughout the video revealing what the words they're saying really mean. The short film essentially captures what plenty of us have experienced with those ex-partners we just can't seem to quit in a funny, relatable way.https://vimeo.com/110063145While Vingiano herself acts in many of her projects, she says writing and directing are her passions. "I could give up producing, acting, or editing and be happy and fine, but if I couldn't write or direct I'm not sure what I would do," she said. "I guess I'd just audition for other people's scripts all day and be very sad and frustrated."Her passion for telling stories about real people and situations in an authentic manner is paying off. Recently on Twitter, Vingiano announced that after four years she is moving on from BuzzFeed, where she has produced a large portion of her videos.[embed]https://twitter.com/alivingiano/status/887063721259880448[/embed]She also said that she's just getting started and hopes to create bigger and better work. Oh, and she also wants to live a little more like Rihanna — killing it career-wise and spending more time on boats. We caught up with Vingiano to chat about her work and the future (this interview has been edited slightly for grammar and flow).Hey Ali, let's start with some background. I'm wondering if video production always your goal or if you've ever planned on doing anything else? I actually studied Political Science in undergrad, and minored in Film & Media Studies. After that I went to the Columbia Publishing Course at the Columbia Journalism School. I always loved film and screenwriting, and thought I would do documentaries film or some sort of political filmmaking. When I graduated college I started taking classes UCB and got into comedy, and delved into that completely. It opened my eyes to the realm of possibility for what I could do with my talents and interests. I looked at people like Nora Ephron, who was a journalist before becoming a screenwriter, as a role model for the path I thought I'd take. But with the internet and video-making I've definitely carved out a different path for myself, and I'm very happy to be on it!Tell me about your BuzzFeed work. How much control did you have over the production in terms of writing, shooting, lighting, editing, etc? I write, direct, edit and produce almost all of my videos at BuzzFeed. I'll occasionally shoot them as well. You learn so much working at BuzzFeed, and I'm grateful that now if I go direct a feature, I'll understand how long it will take to set up lights for any scene, what the gaffers will need from me, and have the language to speak to all of the crew members about their work. Knowing how to shoot, light, act, and edit has absolutely made me a better director and writer.https://youtu.be/C-auflI5GykDid you have experience with that beforehand and did you face a learning curve when you started with BuzzFeed? I had experience writing, directing, producing and editing both from college and the independent projects I did on my own before BuzzFeed. There was a learning curve with operating cameras and lighting, as well as using programs like After Effects and Photoshop.How was your overall experience at BuzzFeed? What's drawn your to start working as a freelancer? BuzzFeed taught me a ton and I'm really proud of the work I did there. I do appreciate the creative freedom and ownership over your work that comes with freelancing.In the videos you’ve done you’ve addressed both lighthearted topics and more heavy ones like rape and abusive relationships. What drives you to explore such a wide range of topics? I just tell the stories I want to tell. Some are more serious and others are funnier, but my goal is always to be honest and nuanced and to tell the truth about how something feels, or what it's like to live in a specific body. I'm mostly drawn to dark comedy, but I'd never want to limit myself. I love making comedy, and I also love making drama.https://youtu.be/diCrx1EmNqAYou act in a lot of your videos. Can you tell me how that came about? When I was a kid being an actress was my dream! I didn't think of it as a real possibility, but I always went to theater camp and auditioned for all the musicals at my high school. (I couldn't sing though, I was always in the chorus.) In college I played Alice in a production of 'Closer,' and it was the first time I seriously considered the prospect of performing. It's such a good play and such a good role.Then when I started taking UCB classes in 2013, I was really inspired by seeing people like Iliana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson writing for themselves in the Broad City web series, and seeing the way other people in the community were casting themselves in sketch videos and making stuff with friends. Everything seemed accessible. So I started making shorts and sketch videos with friends, and casting myself in some of them (those videos then went viral and put me on course to get the BuzzFeed job.) At this point, I act in videos half out of convenience, and half because I enjoy it and think I'm pretty okay at it.What would you say is your favorite part of the whole video production process?Writing and directing. I could give up producing, acting, or editing and be happy and fine, but if I couldn't write or direct I'm not sure what I would do. I guess I'd just audition for other people's scripts all day and be very sad and frustrated.Do you have an ultimate career goal?My career goal is to have the freedom and creative control to make things I like with access to the resources I need. And also to own a boat. Or at least spend more time on boats. Have you seen Rihanna's Instagram? She's always traveling and hanging out on boats and totally killing it, and I think that the ultimate goal is to live life more like Rihanna.For sure. Thanks, Ali. [post_title] => Filmmaker Ali Vingiano on Life After BuzzFeed and Authentic Storytelling [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => filmmaker-ali-vingiano-on-life-after-buzzfeed-and-authentic-storytelling [to_ping] => [pinged] => https://vimeo.com/110063145 [post_modified] => 2017-07-26 13:52:06 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-07-26 17:52:06 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79819 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79886 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-07-24 11:37:05 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-07-24 15:37:05 [post_content] => Keeping your gear charged can be torture. Different devices require different cables, and at the heart of it all is usually a device that requires wall charging, such as a laptop. But what if there is was an all-in-one solution that covers everything—and with style to boot (that was a battery pun)?The Crank Juice Box, recently launched on Kickstarter, has set to to be just that. Essentially a sleek, compact power box for all devices and equipment that require charging, it's capable of charging anything from camera batteries and laptops to even jumpstarting a car.[caption id="attachment_79888" align="aligncenter" width="680"] via Kickstarter[/caption]In the Kickstarter video, Director of Design Nicholas Akerberg said their goal is to create an incredibly lightweight unit, incredibly durable case, the greatest number of applications they could fit into one unit, and provide a game-changing amount of power. This includes support for the likes of Apple MacBooks, iPads, iPhones, Kindles, Android Phones, Google Phones, PC Laptops, camera support, professional cameras and even new generation computers with USB C.[caption id="attachment_79973" align="aligncenter" width="680"] via Kickstarter[/caption]Crank has also taken other steps to accommodate professional photographers. According to the Kickstarter page, the company has partnered with the production studio at RGG EDU "to build a battery suitable for creatives and professionals...to improve the build quality that allows the battery to charge devices like Sony FS5's and Canon C100's." To do this, they're working on what they call the Crank Cage, which allows creatives to attach the battery to a wide-range of cameras via 1/4 20 screws, providing up to 14 hours of continuous battery time, depending on the device.[caption id="attachment_79890" align="aligncenter" width="680"] via Kickstarter[/caption]The Crank Juice Box Kit includes:
Additional Tech Specs:
- Your Choice Of Black or Orange Crank Juice Box
- Jumper Cables For Your Car
- USB Wall Charger
- USB Cigarette Lighter Charger
- 3 Generations Of Apple Chargers For Apple Laptops
- Charger Cable For The Crank
- 8 Adapters For Various PC and Electronic Inputs
- The 4 Cables Squid. Thunderbolt, Micro USB, Mini USB, & Apple iPhone & iPad 30 Pin
- Connector (Old School)
- Hard Travel Case For Crank & Accessories (see Below)
- Crank Battery Size is 18000 mAh
- Flashlight Built Into Crank
The Crank Juice Box has currently raised $18,069 of its $50,000 goal and funding will run through Sept. 2. Visit the Kickstarter page to learn more about the project and click here to see behind-the-scenes imagery from the product development phase! [post_title] => Meet the Powerful, All-In-One Charging Solution for Your Creative Workflow [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => meet-the-powerful-all-in-one-charging-solution-for-your-creative-workflow [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-07-24 11:37:05 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-07-24 15:37:05 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79886 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79825 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-07-18 13:24:18 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-07-18 17:24:18 [post_content] => A photographer and location scout for films and other productions, Edward French, 71, was shot and killed at the Twin Peaks viewpoint in San Francisco early Sunday morning.The victim was allegedly shot during a robbery by a man who appeared to be in his 20s and a woman in her late teens, according to witnesses. The suspects approached the photographer around 7:50 a.m., shot him, stole his camera and fled to a dark gray Honda Accord, said San Francisco police spokesman Robert Rueca to SFGate.Jeff Sheehy, the San Francisco supervisor who represents District Eight, said he knew French through the city's film production community, according to SFGate."This killing is really tragic,” Sheehy told SFGate. “It’s obviously not safe at Twin Peaks. This was at 8 a.m. on Sunday. I’m very concerned about it.”French had been taking pictures of the sunrise from the lookout point when he was robbed, said his Eureka Valley neighbor. A jogger was the first to find French after hearing the gunshot. They performed CPR before the paramedics arrived and he was taken to San Francisco General Hospital.Multiple other incidents have occurred at the Twin Peaks lookout spot recently. Three men were shot in the area in February 2016; two of them died. On July 1 this year Bay Area residents were robbed at gunpoint while taking pictures.On Monday, the photographer's family and friends gathered at his apartment not far from the spot French was shot. They asked for privacy, SFGate reported.[via SFGate, featured image via David Yu] [post_title] => Photographer Robbed and Killed at San Francisco's Twin Peaks [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => photographer-robbed-and-killed-at-san-franciscos-twin-peaks [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-07-18 13:24:18 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-07-18 17:24:18 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79825 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 17 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79676 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-07-14 14:37:10 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-07-14 18:37:10 [post_content] => Filtering through the plethora of cameras to find the one that caters specifically to the action shots you want to capture can be daunting. Whether you're shooting a lightning storm, sports event or underwater, it's beneficial to compare and contrast multiple cameras depending on their features and their prices.This recently created website, actioncamerafinder.com, offers an extensive list of features that the user can specify what exactly they're looking for in a camera. Everything from 360-degree capabilities to memory capacity to shooting modes like time lapses and time bursts.[caption id="attachment_79690" align="alignnone" width="1372"] Screengrab via Action Camera Finder[/caption]On the home page of the website there is a long list of cameras and their specifics. The "action camera comparison table" currently has about 30 cameras listed. The features on the left side of the page allow users to search for specific manufacturers, video/photo resolutions, price, etc. The website also links online reviews of each camera featured on the page.The site also has a "My Saved" page that allows users to save cameras they're interested in once they've sorted through their preferred camera features. The user just has to click the "save camera" link on the homepage camera list, and it automatically saves to your list.[caption id="attachment_79708" align="alignnone" width="1428"] Screengrab via Action Camera Finder[/caption]On the website "about" page, there are steps that the website creator advises users follow to use the site to its best ability. The steps say:1. Go through the filters one by one and select the filters and things you want in a camera, click Apply.2. This will remove cameras that don't have the same features you are after and leave those that you are interested in looking at.3. Now click the column's titles that are sortable and they will re-organise the table and sort it based on what feature you clicked.4. If you clicked on battery life, it will sort the whole table with the action camera with the longest battery life at the top.5. Once you are interested in a few or you have found the camera for you and your needs, you can check that cameras price online and save that camera to your own saved camera section.Since the website is relatively new both the camera list and the list of specs is still expanding. The website creator posted the Kickstarter on reddit, and it has been met with positive reviews and constructive criticism. [post_title] => New Website Catalogs Every Available Action Camera on the Market [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => new-website-catalogs-every-available-action-camera-on-the-market [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-07-14 14:37:10 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-07-14 18:37:10 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79676 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79648 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-07-12 12:02:32 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-07-12 16:02:32 [post_content] => Leica launched its latest addition to the TL-system this week, the Leica TL2. According to Leica, the TL2's "perfected features and persuasive performance meet nuanced design in this new generation."The TL2 is the third in the TL-System; its predecessors are the TL and T. The TL2 is an upgraded version of the TL with an impressive list of improved features including a 24-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, improved autofocus, an electronic shutter and an ISO range up to 50,000. The price of the TL2 will start at $1,950.[caption id="attachment_79678" align="aligncenter" width="750"] via Leica[/caption]The camera sets itself apart from other models with its large 3.7-inch LCD touchscreen display. The screen has a MyCamera menu that strategically groups icons and settings according to related functions. Apart from the touchscreen settings, the camera has only four other controls. The camera itself will be offered in silver and black, and carrying straps will be offered in grey, black, red, yellow and cemento.There are six lenses that are compatible with the TL2 that cover focal lengths between 17 and 200mm. The camera also has an L-Bayonet mount that allows any TL or SL lens to fit on the camera's body without an adapter.[caption id="attachment_79679" align="aligncenter" width="750"] via Leica[/caption]"The combination of optical and precision engineering and use of the finest materials in their construction ensures their constant quality and reliability in use," Leica said in a press release. There are adapters available so that photographers can use lenses within the M or R systems if they choose to.There's is also an app for iPhone and Android users that connects to the TL2. It can control settings and act as a viewfinder for the camera.Here are some additional features of the Leica TL2:
- 3 Settings Continous, SOS, Strobe
- Capacity 18000MAH
- Applicable Engine Type: <6.0 L Gasoline & <2.5L Diesel
- Output Voltage At Auto Start End: 12V
- Output Voltages: 8.4V/2.1A 12V/2A; 16V/3.5A; 19V/3.5A
- Dual USB Outputs: 5V 2.1A • Start Current: 600A
- Peak Current: 750A(<3S)
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
- Charge Mode: CC/CV 15V/1A
- LED Power: 1W (White)
- LED Light Modes: 3 (Steady-SOS-Strobe)
- Cycle Life: > 1000 Times
- Operation Temperature Range: -20 Degrees C to 80 Degrees C\
- Product Size: 180x86x43 mm
- N.W: 1.5 Lbs or .68 KGS
- ertificate: CE ROHS FCC
- UL Listed Battery Jumper Clamps
The Leica TL2 is now available in Leica stores, boutiques and selected dealers. [post_title] => Leica Brings Touchscreen to Point-and-Shoot Size Mirrorless Camera [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => leica-brings-a-touchscreen-to-point-and-shoot-size-mirrorless-camera [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-07-12 12:13:02 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-07-12 16:13:02 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79648 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79582 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-07-06 16:30:18 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-07-06 20:30:18 [post_content] => Developing as a photographer includes (but, of course, is not limited to) learning what specific camera settings create the kind of image you're aiming for, and learning how to take that image to the next level in programs like Lightroom. But when just starting out, figuring out all of these separate variables and how they work together can be extremely overwhelming. Pixel Peeper, however, could potentially change that.Freelance web developer Piotr Chmolowski created Pixel Peeper in order to offer photographers, or anyone interested, really, a way to upload a JPG image and learn the camera settings used to capture the image, as well as the Lightroom tools used to edit the photo. The website can be used for sincere curiosity and learning, or for the personal satisfaction of knowing the person claiming to have not used presets, actually has every VSCO preset back available.[embed]https://twitter.com/p_ch/status/876726485880639488[/embed]The software works by reading EXIF and XMP files to obtain the camera settings and Lightroom alterations. Therefore, the metadata must be present or it won't work. If a photographer doesn't want this information to be known they can choose to remove the metadata. Social media websites, Instagram and Facebook specifically, also remove all metadata from pictures once they're uploaded, so pulling an image from these platforms won't work either.More recently, Chmolowski has added features such as a Preset Finder. If the JPG uploaded has any preset Lightroom settings this software will identify it if the user has purchased the preset package. In simplest terms, if the user does not own any presets packs, then they cannot use the Preset Finder.Chmolowski says on the website, "It's implemented like this, because I don't want to discourage people from buying certain presets, simply because they can copy the settings from this site."Another smaller feature that has been added is the ability to check pictures via URL. This one, however, is a paid feature. Users that wish to use this feature will have to pay for a premium account.[caption id="attachment_79583" align="alignnone" width="1427"] via Pixel Peeper[/caption]Pixel Peeper is still a work in progress. While Chmolowski has already worked out a lot of the bugs, it still only works for photos exported with Lightroom. Overall, though, as long as the EXIF data is present users can access camera settings, and as long as XMP data is present users can access Lightroom edits.So far, the website has been met with happy users and good reviews. These two Reddit threads, the first and the second, have gotten a lot of up votes and interaction from both photographers and curious observers.[Featured image via Wikimedia] [post_title] => Uncover Lightroom Edits and Presets in Photos With This Clever Web Tool [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => uncover-lightroom-edits-and-presets-in-photos-with-this-clever-web-tool [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-07-06 16:30:18 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-07-06 20:30:18 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79582 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79546 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-07-06 15:12:51 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-07-06 19:12:51 [post_content] => Brit and AJ Anderson, the couple in charge of the Anderson family's online presence, have recently announced Brit's third pregnancy, and they couldn't be more excited for the social media engagement it's already getting them. The couple announced the prospect of a new baby in a segment CBC posted on YouTube that showcases the family's brilliance behind the screen.CBC Comedy's video satirizes family vloggers and online personalities by displaying the fictitious Anderson family. The family operates with one goal in mind: a large social media following that paves the way for brand deals and sponsorships. Being a professional internet family has grown dramatically the past couple of years, and this CBC parody hits right on the realistic but strange, somewhat exploitative side of the industry.[caption id="attachment_79549" align="alignnone" width="1402"] via YouTube[/caption]The mock couple already has two children. Their oldest is Jade, who's best known for her singing makeup tutorials. Rider, the second child, is beginning to dabble in social media with some Snapchat water bottle flips and some dabs. Rider has goals like the rest of the family, and as long as he has a sizable following by "18 or so," his parents will be happy, he said.The short video hilariously displays the bizarre priorities of the made-up family and potentially offers insight into the dynamic of vlogger families. Sunday nights are game nights, for example, when the family members all put away their phones and spend time together, AJ said.[caption id="attachment_79552" align="alignnone" width="1363"] via YouTube[/caption]Lifestyle blogger and social media mommy, Brit, actually celebrated hitting 500,000 followers on her blog, A Cup of Brit, recently. AJ is an astonishing "man of three accounts" as well as a pioneer of his personal brand, "Try." "Try" is a noble cause because, as AJ said himself, "Unless you try, you never know." AJ has approached Starbucks about potentially partnering with the Try brand, but according to AJ, the "Try" brand could work with anything.Partnerships and brand deals are a constant focus of any professional social media personality, and the idea of a "personal brand" has grown exponentially because of this. The extremely broad "brand" AJ has cultivated sheds some light on how real influencers try hard to broaden their marketability to maximize companies willing to sponsor them.[caption id="attachment_79550" align="alignnone" width="959"] via YouTube[/caption]The social media family niche is competitive, but this parody family is killing it with an impressive 7 million followers collectively. After all, the $1.3 million they made from sponsored content last year doesn't lie. Just don't forget to "smash that like button." [post_title] => This Hilarious 'Social Media Family' Satire Video Is Way Too Real [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => this-hilarious-social-media-family-satire-video-is-way-too-real [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-07-06 15:12:51 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-07-06 19:12:51 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79546 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 1 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79441 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-06-29 12:00:22 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-06-29 16:00:22 [post_content] => In honor of National Camera Day, Canon has announced the release of two new DSLR cameras: the EOS 6D Mark II and the EOS Rebel SL2. The first is designed specifically with advanced amateur photographers in mind, while the second is marketed toward entry-level photographers, according to Canon's press release, both of which have upgraded the features of their popular predecessors. [caption id="attachment_79442" align="alignnone" width="1750"] via Canon[/caption]This camera and its predecessor were designed to offer the middle-ground between extremely high-end DSLRs and full-frame DSLRs. The camera is, in the words of the Canon press release, "designed with enthusiast photographers in mind."[caption id="attachment_79446" align="alignnone" width="1750"] via Canon[/caption]Features include:
- Maestro II image processor
- Digital APS-C system camera
- Up to 4K video resolution
- APS-C sized CMOS sensor (23.6 x 15.7 mm) with 24.96/24.24 million pixels (total/effective), aspect ratio 3:2
- 32 GB internal memory
- ISO range from ISO 100 to ISO 50,000
- Photo resolution: DNG: 6016 x 4014 Pixels (24 Megapixels), JPEG: optional 6000 x 4000 Pixels (24 Megapixels), or 4272 x 2856 Pixels (12 Megapixels), or 3024 x 2016 Pixels (6 Megapixels)
- Body dimensions are 134 x 69 x 33 mm and weight is approximately 399 g/355 g (with/without battery)
[caption id="attachment_79443" align="alignnone" width="1750"] via Canon[/caption]The EOS Rebel SL2 is targeted at beginners who have decided to take one step up from an iPhone or point-and-shoot camera. The camera has a small, light-weight body, as well as a new interface called Feature Assistant, a feature that shows the photographer how altering settings like shutter speed and aperture can change the look of the image. It's also important to note that according to Canon this camera offers the world's fastest AF speed at 0.03 seconds.[caption id="attachment_79445" align="alignnone" width="1750"] via Canon[/caption]Features include:
- 26.2 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System1
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection & Full HD 60p
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100-40000
- Vari-angle Touch Screen, 3.0-inch LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2, NFC3, Bluetooth®4 and GPS technology
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 6.5 fps
- Dust- & Water-resistant
- Pricing and availability: $1,999.00 (body only), late July 2017
Stay tuned for updates after we're able to test this gear! [post_title] => Canon Announces Next Generation of Popular DSLR Cameras: The 6D Mark II & Rebel SL2 [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => canon-announces-next-generation-of-popular-dslr-cameras-the-6d-mark-ii-rebel-sl2 [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-06-28 17:43:08 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-06-28 21:43:08 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79441 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79433 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-06-28 14:08:46 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-06-28 18:08:46 [post_content] => For the sake of convenience, technology has crept its way into pretty much every aspect of our daily lives. This includes directions, communication and, of course, sex. Porn is, in no way, a dying business, and if I had to guess, it never will be. People will always have a sex drive and as long as they do, porn is profitable and advancements are necessary.PornHub has now launched an interactive tab on its website. In PornHub's words, the feature is "optimized to provide the most interactive, immersive porn experience." As of right now, the interactive videos can only connect to the Fleshlight Launch and the Kiiroo Onyx, and the devices must be linked to videos through an app called "Feel Connect."[caption id="attachment_79436" align="alignnone" width="980"] via PornHub[/caption][caption id="attachment_79437" align="alignnone" width="980"] via PornHub[/caption]The hole in the plan right now, however, is that both of these devices pretty much only cater to men. PornHub has replied to this criticism by promising they are working toward both a wider range of toys that women can benefit from and even VR videos. The devices aimed toward women that could potentially be linked to interactive porn include the OhMiBod, WeVibe, Lovense and Kiiroo.PornHub has partnered with Ufeel.tv, company that already provides similar services, to produce the videos and to learn Ufeel's techniques on how to sync the videos to the sex toys. According to Engadget, the companies have assured customers that the interactive tab will launch with hundreds of clips and at least five new videos every single day.Ultimately, the success of this feature relies on how wide of a demographic PornHub can reach, as well as the variety of video types and range of sex toys compatible with this technology.[via Engadget] [post_title] => Interactive PornHub Feature Syncs Videos to Sex Toys [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => interactive-pornhub-feature-syncs-videos-to-sex-toys [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-06-28 12:09:20 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-06-28 16:09:20 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79433 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79225 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-06-28 09:09:32 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-06-28 13:09:32 [post_content] => Capturing a story worth telling in a relatively short video isn't an easy task, but when done right it can have significant impact. These short films document everything from personal hardships to bizarre museums, and they do so in a way that makes them worth watching. Here are eight profound documentary-style short films on Vimeo.1. Made In Iowa [embed]https://vimeo.com/221891656[/embed]"Made In Iowa" is one of Vimeo's staff picks right now, and for good reason. The documentary-style short film captures life in a small Iowa town called Webster City. After the factory in town that employed most of its residents closed down, hard times ensued. Rock bottom, however, was the local movie theater closing down. This 12-minute video depicts the people of Webster City pulling together to preserve the theater and ultimately rebuild their town's economy. This heartfelt short film encapsulates small-town life in a unique, intimate way.
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 3.0-inch Vari-Angle LCD Touch-Screen
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2, NFC3 and Bluetooth®4 Technology
- Full HD 60p & External Microphone Input
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100-25600
- Optical Viewfinder with a 9-point AF System
- Feature Assistant
- Small and Lightweight Body
- Pricing and availability: $549.99 (body only), late July 2017
2. The Residue of a Relationship [embed]https://vimeo.com/169711169[/embed]Breakups, at this point, are kind of a tired topic. While relevant to most people's lives at one point or another, they've been beaten to death in the art world. It really takes a fresh approach and a new perspective to create something based on heartbreak, but "The Residue of a Relationship" does just that.
3. In the Hollow [embed]https://vimeo.com/186351925[/embed]"In the Hollow" recounts the murder of Rebecca Wight while hiking the Appalachian Trail with her girlfriend Claudia Brenner. The film uses a typical crime-show style that intertwines a re-enactment of the crime with the victim giving a detailed story of what happened. Although sometimes the style can come off cheesy and forced, "In the Hollow" does it well. Brenner revisits the site where mountain-man Stephen Roy Carr shot her and killed her girlfriend, which adds a raw emotional aspect to the film.
4. Inside the Museum of Failure [embed]https://vimeo.com/220999602[/embed]NBC Left Field produced this short film that features the Museum of Failure in Sweden and its curator, Samuel West. The short film shows a variety of failed innovations, and West discusses how important he thinks it is to highlight and acknowledge failure.
5. Home Movies [embed]https://vimeo.com/206350366[/embed]"Home Movies" is an extremely powerful one-minute short film that showcases different gay men in a home movie format. Although very short, the film captures a wide range of emotions and attitudes toward homosexuality. It entices the audience to empathize with not only the characters in the video but the gay community in general.
6. Home Movies [embed]https://vimeo.com/221173263[/embed]Leo and Laura are two 90-year-olds who have been married for 69 years. They spent their young years traveling the world together, but in old age they aren't physically able to anymore. Through VR they get to, in a sense, revisit the places they traveled to years ago. The film is, in the words of one of the Vimeo commenters, "delicate and genuine."
7. Shaving for Beginners [embed]https://vimeo.com/221364437[/embed]Of all of the short films on this list, this one has an unimaginable ability to tap into the audience's tear ducts. Ty Moore's experiences in the Marines and his family's trials and tribulations led to the significance he places on the act of shaving. The film's approach to telling this family's story is beautiful and heart wrenching.
8. The Legacy of Paranoid Thrillers [embed]https://vimeo.com/220848490[/embed]While more dry and informative than the other documentaries featured, this short film is just as engaging and unexpectedly interesting. Travis Lee Ratcliff, the filmmaker, explores the parallels between the political climate and paranoid/conspiracy thrillers. The film points out how pervasive paranoia is throughout the U.S. regarding government and how those attitudes are reflected through movies. [post_title] => 8 Profound Documentary-Style Short Films on Vimeo [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => 8-profound-documentary-style-short-films-on-vimeo [to_ping] => [pinged] => https://vimeo.com/220848490 [post_modified] => 2017-06-25 15:23:21 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-06-25 19:23:21 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79225 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 79393 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-06-27 16:13:39 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-06-27 20:13:39 [post_content] => Fiverr, a company that provides services to freelance entrepreneurs, launched their new "Pro" feature. They also announced their acquisition of Veed.me, a service for connecting people and companies with videographers. With a past full of somewhat cringe-worthy pranks and stunts routed through Fiverr, the company said they decided to take steps toward higher quality professionalism."The Fiverr marketplace has always solved the biggest pain point freelancers have: getting clients and generating income,” said Fiverr CEO Micha Kaufman. “As our marketplace has evolved, we’ve recognized the growing demand from entrepreneurs for bigger and more complex projects that sometimes need highly professional freelancers with years of experience. Through Fiverr Pro, we’re bringing professional freelancers an easy way to get work, while adding the high-end, trusted talent entrepreneurs are struggling to tap into.”The Pro feature will put a star on certain freelancers' pages on Fiverr deemed as producing high-quality content. The company vets freelancers and will be adding well-known figures such as Elliot Tebele, also known as the infamous @FuckJerry.Writing and translation, graphics and design, digital marketing and video and animation are all the services that will be provided through Fiverr Pro. For freelancers to receive Pro status they have to first apply for accreditation through Fiverr, at which point they review the user to make sure they meet the criteria for Fiverr Pro.Tebele specifically will be offering digital services ranging everywhere from meme creation to Facebook ads and Instagram videos."We're an organization that's always thrived on creativity, and while we engage with tens of millions on a daily basis to spread that creativity, we were also looking for the right opportunity to do it on behalf of a broader audience of businesses in a scalable way," said Jonathan Horowitz, JerryMedia's head of business development, in a Fiverr statement. "Working with Fiverr allows us to enable access to our team of world-class creatives in a way that's never existed, and we're excited to see how it evolves."[via Entrepreneur] [post_title] => Fiverr's Pro Service Helps You Hire Top Creators Like FuckJerry [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => fiverrs-pro-service-helps-you-hire-top-creators-like-fuckjerry [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-06-27 16:19:05 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-06-27 20:19:05 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=79393 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 78990 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-06-06 14:46:40 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-06-06 18:46:40 [post_content] => Yesterday at Apple's annual WWDC conference, CEO Tim Cook, accompanied by other Apple higher-ups, announced the latest major updates to both hardware and software. Announcements included updates to iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS, as well as the new iPad Pro and HomePod. Here's a roundup of seven products we're most excited about. [caption id="attachment_78991" align="alignnone" width="1394"] via Apple[/caption]The watchOS4 was the first thing addressed during the keynote yesterday. The most notable improvements to the watch are new Siri clock faces and improvements to the workout app. The clock faces are now designed to display more helpful information based on the time of day and the user's location. Apple has also added Toy Story themed watch face visuals including Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear. In addition, the workout app has a redesigned menu that allows the user to control their music without leaving the app. [caption id="attachment_78992" align="alignnone" width="1030"] via Apple[/caption]Addressed next during the keynote, in Tim Cook's words, is the "product that, in many ways, is the heart and soul of Apple," the Mac. With this, they introduced macOS High Sierra, a perfected version of the previous macOS Sierra. Not only does High Sierra allow Safari to run up to 80 percent faster, there is also now a feature within Safari that gets rid of product-focused advertisements by introducing Intelligent Tracking Prevention. The operating system will also include Apple's new file system, APFS, which is quicker and can potentially free up space on the user's computer. However, the most improvements were made in photos. There's a new filtering system designed to make finding specific photos and videos easier, as well as a plethora of new editing tools.
3. iMac Pro and other iMac improvements [caption id="attachment_78995" align="alignnone" width="1400"] via Apple[/caption]The iMac line will be getting significant upgrades graphics cards. The graphics are so advanced that they can now power various VR headsets like the HTC Vive with the ability to display 5.5 teraflops. There will also be a memory capacity boost twice as much as the previous generations, as the 21.5 inch can store 32GB and the 27 inch can store up to 64GB. There are also faster storage options with Fusion Drive on all 27-inch macs and SSDs up to 50 percent faster.However, the most exciting news came when there was a sneak peak of an high end iMac called the iMac Pro. As Apple put it, the computer features "the most staggeringly powerful collection of workstation-class graphics, processors, storage, memory and I/O of any Mac ever." [caption id="attachment_78998" align="alignnone" width="1249"] via Apple[/caption]Some improvements to the MacBook and MacBook Pro are coming. Apple announced they're moving to the 7th generation Intel Core processor "Kaby Lake" in their notebooks. The 15-inch standard Pro will receive faster standard graphics, the 13-inch MacBook Pro will go from $1499 to $1299 and the MacBook Air will see an improvement with a bump in megahertz. They are all shipping right now. [caption id="attachment_79000" align="alignnone" width="1046"] via Apple[/caption]Cook himself took time during the keynote to introduce iOS 11. A lot of ground was covered regarding the new operating system. The first new feature discussed was the redesigned app drawer within iMessages. The app will also now sync directly with iCloud in order to access messages automatically from all devices. In addition, Apple Pay will see improvements—by the end of the year it will be available in 50 percent of retailers in the U.S. as well as in other apps. The big announcement regarding Apple Pay, though, was person to person payments. And since Apple Pay is accessible from apps iMessages, money can be transferred from person to person through text. Siri is also seeing significant upgrades. Siri's voice will now sound more natural, and can now translate certain languages. Perhaps most notably, Siri will now get to know its users and use what it learns to suggest content.The Control Center and the App Store have both been redesigned to provide more control and accessibility to users. This is the first update to App Store since its beginning nine years ago. ARKit was also announced, which allows developers to offer high-end augmented reality built to be supported by the hardware in iPhones and iPads. [caption id="attachment_79004" align="alignnone" width="1377"] via Apple[/caption]Previously only offered in a 9.7-inch version or a 13-inch version, there is now a 10.5-inch retina display iPad Pro. It still only weighs one pound making it easy to carry around. The biggest new feature is ProMotion, which allows the new iPad Pro to double the maximum refresh rate per minute from 60Hz to 120Hz. All motion content will be smoother and more seamless, for example, while scrolling or when using an iPencil. Performance will also be upgraded by using an A10X six-core CPU and a 12-core GPU. The new iPad also supports USB 3 allowing for faster USB transfer and charging. A new 12.9-inch iPad was also introduced featuring all of the same features. Both sizes will have 64GB of storage, double what it previously was. [caption id="attachment_79005" align="alignnone" width="1284"] via Apple[/caption]HomePod is a home music set up that combine wireless listening, amazing sound quality and a smart speaker. The speaker is spatially aware in order to make the music sound great and has a "musicologist" to provide music catered to the listener. The 7-inch tall speaker has "seven tweeters with precision acoustic horns for directional audio, along with a 4in upward-facing subwoofer for bass-free distortion," according to macworld. The speaker can also answer questions from users and send messages. [post_title] => 7 Most Exciting Apple Products Released Yesterday [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => 7-most-exciting-apple-products-released-yesterday [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-06-06 14:46:40 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-06-06 18:46:40 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=78990 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ) => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 78814 [post_author] => 47253 [post_date] => 2017-06-02 14:20:28 [post_date_gmt] => 2017-06-02 18:20:28 [post_content] => Mental health is becoming an increasingly popular topic of conversation, especially when it comes to examining the effects of the constant influx of information due to technology.Earlier this year, between Feb. 13 and May 8, the Royal Society for Public Health surveyed 1,500 young people ages 14 through 24. The survey asked how social media platforms affect 14 different areas of health. The health topics ranged from the amount and quality of sleep to feelings of loneliness and body image. The results showed that YouTube is the most positive for overall health while Instagram has the most detrimental effects.This shouldn't be particularly surprising to anyone, as the purpose of each platform hints at how they affect their users. YouTube allows people to document their lives, foster and share their creativity or enjoy other people doing so. Instagram, in some ways, does the same but in the form of imagery. However, the significant difference between the two lies in the fact that, while they're both curated and edited, Instagram is less transparent. Videos are filled with jump cuts and advanced editing, and photos are more polished and retouched. YouTube, on the other hand, tends to show more realness, offering viewers full scenes rather than a single snapshot of one moment in someone's day.It's also incredibly important to recognize the culture each platform has created. Instagram is viewed as a way to market your personal brand in a more focused way than YouTube. Whether you're a social media influencer with a large following or a 16-year-old high school student, the end goal is generally the same—to display yourself in a way that will appeal to others, and maybe evoke a bit of FOMO in your followers.Of course, it's easy to see why this can take a toll on a person's mental health.In contrast, YouTube personalities have cultivated a culture in which it is important to be "real" and transparent. On one hand, this is simply the nature of vlogging, yet it also traces back to a history of controversy and awareness on the platform.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwklfIbSAgALonelygirl15, for example, was a channel run by a girl named Bree who posted multiple videos a week about her life. She was one of the first popular vloggers, and people loved her. That is, until the entire production was uncovered to be fictional. Since then, the incident prompted a lot of discussion among content creators about authenticity and how it's an integral part of protecting the integrity of YouTube.Really, there's a push among YouTubers to maintain honesty that isn't nearly as apparent on Instagram. Body and sex positivity YouTubers have millions of subscribers. Popular YouTubers talk about personal experiences with breakups, mental illness or death. Videos like this can make an audience feel like they aren't alone in their struggles. It can remove some of the isolation that an unhealthy mindset creates.It would be unfair to say that doesn't exist on Instagram as well, but there's no question that the platform lacks honesty. [post_title] => Why Instagram is Ravaging Your Mental Health [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => closed [post_password] => [post_name] => why-instagram-is-ravaging-your-mental-health [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-06-06 12:41:12 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-06-06 16:41:12 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => http://resourcemagonline.com/?p=78814 [menu_order] => 0 [post_type] => post [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw ))